Hypnotherapy is a safe, natural effective form of therapy. There are no harmful side effects associated with hypnotherapy; on the contrary it is a relaxing and positive experience during which negative barriers are broken down and replaced with control, balance, positive well-being and inner strength to empower you.
When administered by a professionally trained and skilled Hypnotherapist the benefits are long lasting.
Hypnosis is a two-way process between the therapist and the client. During hypnosis the client is neither asleep or unconscious but is awake and in control. The hypnotic state has been likened to a daydream, where your mind temporarily drifts from one thing to another, simply with a higher state of awareness.
Clinical Hypnotherapists use hypnosis not only as an intervention for medical purposes but also as an aid to the resolution of many problems of psychological origins. It should be noted that Hypnosis does not claim to cure. Medical conditions should always be discussed with your doctor.
It is estimated that approximately 85% of people of all age groups and backgrounds will readily respond to Hypnotherapy. It is often successful when other, more conventional methods of treatment have failed.
Julie G Greensmith holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and is a full member of the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
The British Society of Clinical Hypnosis (BSCH) is an organization which governs the Code, Practice and Ethics of its Members. Membership to the Society is only open to those who have acquired the requisite Professional and Clinical Training in the major aspects of Psychology, Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy.
What can hypnotherapy be used for?
- Breaking unwanted habits i.e. smoking, nail biting, stuttering, addictions.
- Free you from fears, phobias and compulsions i.e. flying, enclosed spaces, spiders, public speaking, eating disorders, panic attacks.
- Weight loss.
- Pain control.
- Obtain relief and often remission from symptoms such as Asthma, Migraine, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Neurological disorders.
- Conquer emotional problems, i.e. stress, guilt, jealousy, inhibitions, anger, shyness, anxiety, nervousness.
- Confidence building, assertiveness and motivation.
- Assist with sexual identity issues, sexual problems and relationship issues.
- Manage gynaecological problems such as PMS, Amenorrhoea, Dysmenorrhoea, pain control in childbirth.
- Resolve psychogenic infertility problems.
- Manage skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Reduce High Blood Pressure.
- Increase work/study/sporting performance.
- Improve concentration and memory, develop the imagination, boost self-confidence and achieve more of the potential you already possess.